Mambo Ibiza Bucket List, Part 1
Your Mambo Ibiza Bucket List: Part 1
We know, we know, you're at home staring miserably out a rain-drenched window, gazing vacantly at gray skies - summer seems like a million years away and fun, a thing of the past. But worry not White Isle lovers; the Ibiza 2018 season is actually just around the corner and if you can stay for a few more weeks, sun-kissed days and wild, starry nights will be within touching distance.
To help you keep calm in the midst of winter panic, we've put together a list of things you absolutely must do on your visit to Ibiza this year. Let's call it your Mambo Ibiza bucket list, so get planning and we'll see you on the rocks!
1. It may be an obvious one but it’s also an essential – nothing beats a quintessential Ibiza sunset at Mambo. Picture the scene: you’re sat on the terrace with the sea breeze gently ruffling your hair, you’re tucking into top-notch food and a world-famous DJ is choosing the tunes. You’re surrounded by friends; the sun is going down and you’re pretty sure this is one of the best moments of your life so far. It doesn’t get better than this.
2. No trip to Ibiza is complete without a visit to Ibiza town – the medieval walls of Dalt Vila are a Unesco World Heritage site, dontcha know. So take a saunter into town, browse the shops, and climb to the top of the Dalt Vila’s cobbled streets for breath-taking views out to sea. Then clamber back down and stop for tapas at La Cava, one of Ibiza town’s most stylish eateries. Scenery and Spanish food all in one day – double thumbs up.
3. Cruise the Mediterranean with Sunset Boats, because there’s no better way to experience the White Isle than by water. Setting off first thing in the morning, you’ll spend a day discovering secret coves and abandoned beaches before ending the day with a spectacular sunset out at sea, glass of bubbly in hand. Complete and utter bliss.
4. Have a long, lazy lunch – Spanish style – at El Chiringuito Cala Gracioneta. There’s nothing more satisfying than a morning spent soaking up the sun’s rays followed by a belly full of fantastic food, and nowhere does this better than El Chiringuito, where the menu’s bursting with Mediterranean delights and ridiculously moreish cocktails. Go for a swim in the sparkling waters and then head to the restaurant terrace for a feast you’ll never forget.
5. If you thought sunset was impressive, wait until darkness falls and you catch a star shower at La Torre. Set on a craggy clifftop in Cap Negret, La Torre is the perfect spot for late night dining and a spot of star-gazing. Grab a glass of champers, head down to the rocks and look skyward to catch a glimpse of fiery magic as it burns through the atmosphere. It's a sight you'll never forget.